An exciting opportunity has become available for a Warehouse Operative/Despatch Assistant to join one of the largest Manufactures of cleaning Products, based in Coventry on a full time-time Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work in a busy, physically demanding role, dealing with all aspects of warehouse work including, picking orders, dealing with queries, processing incoming and outgoing stock and all that this entails through Sage.
You will communicate effectively with the team and manage the Warehouse emails and corresponding paperwork.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Reporting to the Dispatch Office and your Warehouse/Production Manager.
- Retrieve Stock for production, maintain Raw Materials Store
- Picking customer orders/back orders, in a timely manner, wrap and label with attention to detail.
- Organisation and dispatch of goods onto delivery vehicles, throughout the day, book in deliveries with customers and lease with the transport companies to ensure timely collections as per our given time slots.
- Co-ordinate all paperwork, keep filing up to date, manage back orders efficiently.
- Maintain tidiness and cleanliness of the warehouse inside and outside of the building, housekeeping to include pallet control, ensuring stock rotation at all times.
- Loading and unloading of lorries by hand or forklift truck, processing all documentation accurately.
- Check the company Purchase Order against deliveries for damaged or missing items.
- Coordinate all work functions with co -workers, transporters, communicating any discrepancies to the Production Manager/Warehouse Manager.
- Organising the stock and the proper storage of all goods and materials. Ensure that all stock has a description, label stock on arrival and ensure stock is stored in the correct location.
- Keep a careful record of stock on the Warehouse Management System i.e. Sage, ensuring all records are accurate and up to date daily.
- Efficiently completing all tasks daily
- Liaise with Production Manager about any quality control issues and about any returned stock.
- Be a team player and communicate effectively with fellow workers.
- Comply with any ad hoc duties that are required, by management, for the needs of the business.
You should have good communication, numeracy and computer skills to enable accurate records of stock.
Ideally a warehouse operative should hold a current forklift truck licence, but this is not essential to start, as training will be given.
The Salary for this position is between £19,500
The working hours are 8am - 5pm
My client is looking for someone who is seeking genuine career and longevity in their next role.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.