One of the leading logistics providers has a fantastic opportunity for a Warehouse Operations Manager in the Wellingborough area. This role is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The successful Warehouse Operations Manager will drive and embed a positive culture for our reputable clients' depot at their site in Wellingborough.
This challenging and exciting role will appeal to an individual with experience, vision, determination and enthusiasm. You will possess a passion for colleague safety and wellbeing, employee engagement and development, customer relationships and growth and operational improvement and innovation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage and control the day to day operational processes within the warehouse to ensure that business objectives are met by the best use of planning and effective management of all labour and appropriate resources.
- Responsible for achieving all warehouse operational and customer KPI's within a safe and legal working framework.
- Provide support and leadership for all Section Managers to ensure that the best utilisation of all labour and resources in meeting business objectives.
- To performance manage all Section Managers under your control through regular reviews and appropriate monitoring.
- To promote responsibility and accountability within your area of responsibility.
- To liaise with all other operational departments and support functions, as appropriate, to ensure effective management and utilisation of labour and resources as necessary.
- To ensure that all resources are effectively planned, trained and monitored as necessary on a regular basis.
- To ensure the effective management of all operational costs in line with business objectives.
- To ensure through a small team and other site communication processes, all managers and staff are regularly and effectively communicated with regarding operational and site matters.
- To have responsibility and actively promote the management of all employee relations issues including disciplinary (up to and including dismissal), grievance, performance management and all people management policies.
- To actively promote a positive health and safety culture through best management of site and company policies and procedures.
- To actively support and promote change management and a continuous improvement culture through the managers and staff under your control.
Experience, skills, attributes and the person:
- You must be able to demonstrate senior management supply chain experience in a high-volume operation or in an extensive multi-site contract preferably with a leading retailer/distributor.
- You will have experience of working at an Operations Manager level.
- Able to work well under pressure & will demonstrate the commitment, enthusiasm & flexibility expected within this role.
- Ability to work to deadlines and changing priorities.
- Process orientated with a track record of implementing process improvements and controls within a supply chain environment.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of financial understanding in a closed book environment.
- Possess excellent organisational, problem solving & decision-making skills.
- Be able to carry out analysis to develop action plans to improve service level performance.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership & team building skills, developing productive working relationships.
- Ability to deliver consistent performance without determent to Health & Safety or quality requirements.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with previous experience of warehouse management systems being advantageous.
- Sound understanding of people policies.
Salary for this opportunity is between £40k-£50k DOE plus other excellent benefits.
Working hours for this excellent position is expected to be Monday to Friday.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Warehouse Operations Manager
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Up to £45000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 4 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Warehouse Operations Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly exciting ... Read More
Operations Process Manager
- Hounslow, London
- Up to £35000 per annum + plus excellent company benefits
- 16 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre, Warehouse and Aviation professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Operations Process Manager at their site in London Heathrow. The successful candidate will manage several teams whi... Read More
Warehouse Manager (food)
- Leicester, Leicestershire
- Competitive salary and good benefits
- 14 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre Warehouse Manager join a reputable food production company based in Leicester. The successful candidate will take control of the stock control and warehouse sections including all inbound and outbound goods deliveries. You will ... Read More