One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Night Shift Manager in the Tunbridge Wells area of Kent.
The Warehouse Night Shift Manager will successfully lead the warehouse team to ensure an effective warehouse operation is established and maintained, to meet all Key Performance Indicators and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure 'Positive Customer Experience' is embraced by the entire team and is delivered on each delivery.
- Effective management and motivation of the warehouse colleagues include team engagement to ensure that the service provided meets the high levels of performance required by the client and business.
- Achievement of all targets in line with operational key performance indicators, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Monitor and manage the financial costs in relation to warehouse activities to maximise the profit and efficiencies.
- Implementation and maintenance of best practice value to all aspects of the business with a view to continually improving working practice, profit and efficiency.
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with the client, the team and other functions to ensure excellent customer service is achieved.
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the team and ensure consistent full utilization of resources is achieved.
- Mentor both team-leaders and desk-operatives with a view to succession planning for the operation.
- Ensuring that Key Performance Indicators are met and where possible exceeded, whilst supporting, implementing and introducing innovative ideas and solutions.
- Develop new procedures and training methods to drive performance to new levels whilst at the same time aiming to reduce cost.
- Complete regular performance reviews with direct reports and implement improvement action plans where required.
- Conduct disciplinary, grievance and appeal meetings in line with current policies as required, ensuring HR are involved in the process.
- Conduct monthly team meetings on site.
- Ensure the DC operates in accordance with Health and Safety policy and SSOW procedures.
- Review and authorise all payroll amendments on a weekly basis.
- Conduct recruitment in accordance with current policy.
- Ensure all employees receive appropriate training to successfully perform in their role.
Experience and skills:
- PC literate (Microsoft Word and Excel, email).
- Management of a warehouse operation.
- Detailed understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Must have experience in working nights.
- Reports to the Distribution Centre Manager.
- Manages a team of Team Leaders and Operatives (team size is 10-12).
- Liaises with internal departments to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to manage DC in DCM absence.
- Customer focus.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Data facility.
- Physically fit.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k-£35k plus benefits currently working Monday to Friday 9pm to 6am.
- Must be able to flexible to work shifts as necessitated by the contract, 5 from 7 days per week.
- Flexibility on shift patterns and work location, at the needs of the business.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.