Opportunities have arisen for experienced Warehouse Area Managers join a leader in the logistics sector at their site in Leicester.
The role will be on an initial 3 month contract with the review to extend by a further 3 months based on performance.
We are looking for Warehouse Area Managers to cover two shifts, 6am to 2pm and 3pm to 11pm, however this is subject to change so you must be flexible.
- Tracks hours within your team to allow accurate allocation by the Supervisor and Operations Manager.
- Leads employees/temporary member within the DC to provide excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with the Supervisor and or Operations Manager to ensure customer orders are ready in-line with scheduled departures, that inbound orders are booked in and put away ready for outbound orders in line with KPI, that value added activities are on schedule to the correct standards.
- Monitors productivity to ensure best service provided.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner following defined SSoW procedures.
- Assists in training activities.
- Maintains equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion and promotes this practice.
- Participates in re-work and project work as required by the customer.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the DC by promoting processes which promote the safety and security of the DC.
- Assists in completing RCA's to establish reasons for discrepancies and suggests mitigating or preventative measures.
- Work with the Supervisor to ensure ISO/HMRC/SMS/HSE compliance for assigned facilities.
- Promote the business in a positive and ethical manner.
- You must be computer literate, strong WMS and MS Office skills are essential.
The successful candidates will be calm under pressure, possess excellent time-keeping and be well organised.
Pro-rata salary for this opportunity is £25,200 plus company benefits.
If you can demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and a desire to go the extra mile and enjoy the varied nature of the logistics industry then send your CV for immediate consideration.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Northamptonshire, England
- Up to £35000 per annum
- about 1 month ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Manager with expertise within the logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding and distribution businesses on a full-time permanent basis, Mon to Fri days. You will join the team in Northamptonshir... Read More
- Northamptonshire, England
- £40000 - £50000 per annum + plus car or allowance
- 9 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Manager with expertise within the warehousing and logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis. You will join the team in Northamptonshire. Reporting into... Read More
DC Section Manager
- Wigston, Leicestershire
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- 23 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced logistics professional to join a leading distributor of maintenance and repair products as Distribution Centre Section Manager. This permanent role to be based at their Leicester site. Reporting into the Senior Operations Manager, yo... Read More