Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Volunteering Coordinator - Old Street, 2 months, £11per hour, full time, 3 months
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for ensuring the volunteering programme runs effectively and efficiently
- Service Delivery
To be responsible for recruiting volunteers in line with operational or core services requirements, and take a lead role in the development of volunteering
- Resource Management
To manage expenditure within the volunteering budget
- Human Resource Responsibilities
To be responsible for recruiting volunteers and ensuring their learning and development needs are met
- Corporate Responsibilities
To contribute to the running of the organisations integrated services for homeless people
- Experience of working with volunteers in a social care setting
- Experience of recruiting and inducting volunteers
- Ability to deliver training for volunteers
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Ability to liaise with senior colleagues to ensure that the service is delivered efficiently and effectively
- Understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Understanding of equal opportunities and how it can be applied within the organisation
- Solid IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, database and email and willingness to learn how to use new IT applications
- Ability to manage and develop administrative systems, including accessible filing systems
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.