Permanent Universal and Surface Grinder - £29'120.00pa (£14.00 per hour) 38/40 hours a week Jones & Shipman and Myford Grinding Machines
An exciting new opportunity has become available to join my family owned Southwest Leicestershire based client who are now recruiting for a Universal Grinder. My client is a leading precision engineering company offering specialist, bespoke engineering.
The Universal Grinder must be competent at the machining of complex parts to tight tolerances and using various types of measuring equipment. As the successful Grinder you must possess previous experience of working in a similar manufacturing environment and you have to be able to interpret engineering drawings.
* Strong universal grinding experience, working to tight tolerances and using a variety of measuring equipment
* Internal and external grinding
* Must be competent in reading and understanding engineering drawings
* Experience in dealing with bespoke projects and small batch work
* Ability to work without supervision and possess good problem solving skills
* Self inspection of parts produced
* Work to defined schedules
* Work to planned times
* Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area, in line with Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Thorough methodical approach
* Attention to quality
* Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
* High degree of self motivation
Past experience working with Jones & Shipman and Myford Grinding Machines would be an advantage
Hours of work = DAYS ONLY
You will be required to work 38 hours a week and my client has a flexible approach to how you work these hours.
You can work from anytime between 5:30am and 7:30am and work 4 hours on a Friday
Overtime: this is optional
Please note there is plenty of optional overtime which is paid at time and a third weekdays or on a Saturday time and half
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.