Unit Nurse Manager / Unit Lead
Job type: Unit Nurse Manager (Permanent)
Client type: Dementia Unit
Salary: £20 to £21 per hour
Hours: Full time - 48 hours a week
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Unit Nurse Manager to run a Dementia Unit based in Somerset. We are looking for a nurse qualified Unit Nurse Manager to lead, plan, manage, direct and monitor the delivery of high quality nursing care to residents and maintain professional and clinical standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the resident's physical, psychological and social needs and compile a care plan in collaboration with the resident, family and any other relevant health care professional
- Plan, implement and evaluate the nursing care in relation to the resident's dynamic needs in accordance with clinical policy and regulatory framework with other appropriate health care professionals
- Ensure all the entries into the nursing records meet NMC standards for record keeping
- Lead and monitor the formal clinical audit programme within your area of clinical responsibility
- Maintain registration with the NMC
- Comply with the NMC code at all times
- Support the Registered Nurses, Care practitioners and Carers in the home with clinical Advice.
- Maintain good working relationships with the regulators, social services and any other external regulatory body.
- Visit each resident each day whilst on duty and ensure appropriate nursing care is delivered in a professional and timely manner by the care team under your supervision
- Allocate an appropriate key worker to each resident on admission
- Support the senior clinical staff in the home and assist or lead any clinical investigations or complaints.
- Leading a clinical team
- Risk assessment
- Producing well developed care plans
- Substantial experience of working in the older person setting
- Clinical mentor
- HR experience
- Complaint management
- Supporting NQ nurses through preceptorship
- Managing clinical performance
- This is physically demanding; you will be required to stand for extended periods of time and do repetitive tasks with few breaks
- Bank holiday and weekend working
- Shift work including night duty
- May be required to participate in a rota to cover the home outside normal working hours
Our client offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector.
The generous benefits would include:
- Free learning and development
- Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
- A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
- 8% ER Pension Package
- Automatic entry into Excellence Awards and annual bonus scheme
- Payment of NMC Annual Registration Fee
Must be a registered nurse and have an NMC registration will also consider an experienced RMN
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please contact Jade on 0115 9418131.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
RGN Nights - Camden
- Camden, London
- £22 - £25 per hour
- 16 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of care and support services all over London. They aim to provide the highest quality care for vulnerable adults. Position Available: Registered Nurse (RGN) - Camden, locum / part time night shifts available, £22-£25ph Role Purpose: As a Regist... Read More