Our client is a pig breeding and rearing operation based in Waddingham, Lincolnshire. They are a family run business that are passionate about breeding and rearing high performing pigs to the best possible welfare standard.
They currently have an opportunity for a Trials Supervisor to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis. Hours of work will be 6:30am - 3:30pm Monday to Friday along with alternate weekend mornings.
Hourly rate is depending on experience. There is also an annual farm bonus payment depending on performance, entry into the company pension scheme and training and development in practical pig production and management.
The role would best suit an animal science graduate who has an interest in nutrition and other research and development on a commercial farm.
Duties of the role will include: -
- Day to day management of the trial's unit including all aspects of feeding, health and welfare of the pigs
- Using the monitoring equipment and data to identify performance changes and advise on relevant corrective action
- Collection and analysis of trial results
- Working with the farm manager and farm partners to design future trials
- Working with other team members to improve the quality of weaned piglets
- Developing educational material for visitors to the farm
- Assisting in other parts of the farm as required
The successful candidate will need to be: -
- Educated to degree level in an animal science or related degree
- Passionate about delivering excellent pig welfare
- High level of IT literacy including MS Office
- Good levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Own transport is essential.
Please apply in the first instance or call Barker Ross Lincoln on 01522 551910 for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available