Barker Ross are recruiting for a Transport Supervisor (Service Delivery Manager) for our client based in Southall.
We are looking for a Highly motivated, passionate and self driven individual to join our clients team.
As a Transport Supervisor, Service delivery Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth, cost effective and legally compliant running of the transport operations. The Health and safety will be a key part of the role and you'll need to be proactive in ensuring all relevant legal and company regulations and policies are followed.
The Driver Team will report directly to you on a day to day basis. The business is deploying technology such a Route Optimisation and Telematics platforms in our current phase and you will need to demonstrate your experience in using those to the best effect, whilst coaching your Driver team to deliver a best in class performance for themselves and the business.
You will ensure that all 'O Licence' requirements are adhered to, while making sure all vehicles are meeting company regulations - removing non-compliant vehicles form the road and quickly arranging the necessary repairs.
- Deliver an industry leading customer service
- There are three main shifts, So you will ensure our processes are carried out effectively in line with business requirements
- Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained
- Control and manage costs and meet KPI's set down by the business
- Identify any challenges and provide sustainable solutions and ideas for the Team to implement
- Ensure full compliance to all relevant transport legislation and regulations
- Working with Route Optimisation & Telematics systems
- Complete on Route training with your Drivers
- Deputise for the Distribution Manager when required
Skills / Experience:
- Experience working in similar roles within the Logistics industry, preferable in temperature controlled, multi drop environment.
- Proven track record of improving customer service levels within tight budgetary constraints
- A good record of managing or supervising transport teams
- Brilliant communication skills
- Good knowledge of all transport legislation and regulations
- A high desire to ensure the safety culture is paramount to the operational day to day working of the site.
- High level of IT literacy
- Fleet management skills
- SAP ERP system experience a major advantage but other systems may suffice
- Experience of Route Optimisation software deployment in the London region an advantage
- Experience of Telematics & EPOD software deployment in a Transport function an advantage
- Experience in early morning (4am starts) & late evenings (9pm finish) an advantage
Please call our Northampton office on 01604 634479 for more details.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.