A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham.
The Transport Planner ensures route efficiency for approx. 10 vehicles, covering Nottingham and east midlands using Elemos to plan and utilising optimum disposal outlets within the area to ensure effective use of vehicles, facilities and drivers to ensure maximum productivity and material segregation in order to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring your own health and safety and that of others and promoting a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
- Report any safety concerns, hazard observations, accidents and incidents in a timely manner to allow full investigation and prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times for all rounds on Trade, FEL, Hiab and Cage vehicles
- Perform administrative duties including accurate input of disposal information, timesheets, tachograph records, holiday rotas, credit query logs and various KPI reports.
- Liaison with fleet to ensure effective vehicle resources are available and ensuring safe vehicle operations
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve route efficiency, maximising the number of lifts per day and reduce operating costs
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ensure that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate
- Required to plan and mobilise resources according to customer needs, often to strict and demanding deadlines
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers
- Supports the achievement of the cost centre budget, to support optimum performance and financial growth
- Supports the optimisation of resources and reviews the operations to support & improve profitability and customer service
- Maintains adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including health and safety, personnel, finance and transport)
- Promotes and assists with all health and safety aspects to ensure that all drivers have correct PPE/uniform supplied, records accidents, hazards and near misses and ensuring appropriate follow up actions, with support from the service delivery manager
- Assist with accident/incident investigations
- Ensure compliance with transport and environmental legislation
- To GCSE standard
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar qualification
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage
The salary for this position is £25,000 - £28,000. The working hours Monday to Friday, 6am - 4pm or 8am - 6pm, with additional hours as required (Saturday rota) to maintain the safe and efficient running of the transport.
Normal working hours are 45 hours per week Mon to Friday Shifts vary: 6am - 4pm with additional hours as required (Saturday rota) to maintain the safe and efficient running of the transport
Based at the Nottingham/Leicester site
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to email@example.com or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.