A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham.
The Transport Planner ensures route efficiency of roll on/off and skip vehicles by ensuring maximum productivity of drivers in order to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible for ensuring your own health and safety and that of others and promoting a positive health and safety culture within the workplace
- Ensure all Health and safety obligations are met, and company policies are adhered to
- Report any safety concerns, hazard observations, accidents and incidents in a timely manner to allow full investigation and prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure driver availability and coverage in line with legislation and company procedures to ensure that there is suitable coverage at all times, flexing as necessary to meet volume demands
- Perform administrative duties including accurate input of disposal information, timesheets, tachograph records, holiday rotas, credit query logs and various KPI reports.
- Liaison with fleet to ensure effective vehicle resources are available and ensuring safe vehicle operations
- Supervise vehicle availability on a daily basis ensuring that drivers have completed their checks in accordance with company policy
- Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs
- In conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager, ensure that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy
- Monitor service levels and suggest corrective action where appropriate
- Required to plan and mobilise resources according to customer needs, often to strict and demanding deadlines
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external customers
- Supports the achievement of the cost centre budget, to support optimum performance and financial growth
- Ensure core performance metrics are met and where possible exceeded
- Supports the optimisation of resources and reviews the operations to support & improve profitability and customer service
- Promotes positive employee engagement through open communication
- Monitors driver performance and suggests corrective action where appropriate
- Maintains adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including health and safety, personnel, finance and transport)
- Promotes and assists with all health and safety aspects to ensure that all drivers have correct PPE/uniform supplied, records accidents, hazards and near misses and ensuring appropriate follow up actions, with support from the service delivery manager
- Assist with accident/incident investigations
- Ensure compliance with transport and environmental legislation
- To GCSE standard
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar qualification
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage
Good verbal and written communication skills
Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
Planning and organisational skills & ability to prioritise
Problem solving skills
Experience of working in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment
- Self-motivated / starter
- Waste industry knowledge
- Experience of a position of similar responsibility in Services or Logistics industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service
- IT literate
The salary for this position is £25,000 - £28,000. The working hours Mon to Friday, shifts vary: 6am - 4pm or 8am - 6pm, with additional hours as required (Saturday rota) to maintain the safe and efficient running of the transport.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- £24000 - £26000 per annum + plus car or allowance, bonus, pension
- 1 day ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business (one of the fastest growing transport companies in the UK) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner who is looking to take that next important career step. You will join an expanding, dynamic... Read More
Trainee Transport Planner
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- £21000 - £23000 per annum + plus bonus, pension, anual salary review
- 1 day ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business (one of the fastest growing transport companies in the UK) has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Transport Planner who is looking to develop their career within logistics. You will join an expanding, dynamic bus... Read More
Transport Planner Trade
- Colwick, Nottinghamshire
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner for a provider of recycling solutions based in Nottingham. The Transport Planner ensures route efficiency for approx. 10 vehicles, covering Nottingham and east midlands using Elemos to plan and utilising optimum disposal outlets... Read More
- Leicestershire, England
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- 8 days ago
A well-established haulage, warehousing and pallet distribution services business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport General Manager to join their expanding business in the Leicester region on a full time, permanent basis. This is a real opportunity to shape and de... Read More