A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Transport Planner to join an established and award-winning provider of international logistics and freight services at their site in Stoke-On-Trent.
The purpose of this role will be to plan the national vehicle and trailer resources in the most cost effective and compliant manner, achieving profitability and service excellence.
· Minimum 2 years' experience in general haulage route planning for HGV vehicles.
· Knowledge of vehicle weights and legal limits, driver's hours and WTD regulations.
· Understanding of Operators Licence obligations and regulations.
· Road traffic laws.
· Vehicle costings.
· Health & Safety.
· Good team player and communication skills.
· Attention to detail and ability to stay calm and work under pressure.
· Flexible approach to hours of work.
· IT skills - MS Word and Excel.
· CPC in Road Haulage would be an advantage.
· National palletised haulage route planning.
· The routing and management of HGV vehicles for multi-drop deliveries and collections ensuring optimum utilisation and profitability within the constraints of cargo availability, vehicle availability, customer requirements and legal restrictions.
· Prepare and produce Vehicle and Load Manifests and customer paperwork and present to the Warehouse and assigned drivers.
· Provide the main point of contact for the National drivers.
· Liaise and communicate with internal and external customers.
· Transport administration and data update within various operating systems.
· Assist the Transport Manager in the management of the Fleet and driver headcount.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday
Salary is between c£22k
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- £25000 - £28000 per annum + 20 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 5 days ago
Position Transport Coordinator Location: Corby Basic salary: £25k - £28k dependant on experience We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading supplier and manufacturer of overhead irrigation equipment. Our client is seeking a Transport Coordinator to join their organisation based i... Read More
Transport Account Manager (Bradford)
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Up to £27000 per annum + plus company benefits
- 28 days ago
A great opportunity has become available for a Transport Account Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Bradford. This is a truly an exciting time to join a company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3P... Read More
Warehouse Operative/FLT Driver
- Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
- Up to £11.15 per hour
- about 22 hours ago
Barker Ross are looking warehouse operatives to work for our client based in Finedon Road, Wellingborough Shift available: A Shift Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, Sun then B Shift Wed, Thu - weekly rotating 10:00 - 22:00 or 06:00 - 18:00 ( x2 30 minutes breaks) OR 14:00 -22:00 any 5 out of 7 rotati... Read More