One of the leading specialists in healthcare distribution has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, competent and professional Transport Operator to join their dynamic and expanding team in the Tamworth area. This is a full time, permanent job opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning of healthcare product distribution and produce the transport plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the available fleet. You will also plan future transport operations, ensuring customer satisfaction, updating all data in the correct operating systems and checking this is in-line with the call over reports. You will be responsible for overseeing rates, claims and stocks whilst dealing with the day-to-day tasks. You will also interact with drivers and subcontractors to plan and allocate the business.
Key skill requirements
- Transport planning experience is essential
- Professional with a can-do attitude to make add value and make a difference.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A minimum of three years transport operations experience with strong organisational skills.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- A full understanding of Tachograph, working time and driver hour's legislation.
- Written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports and letters.
- Good oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers.
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, making key decisions.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information.
- Awareness of current employment and H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- A working knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft and Outlook.
- CPC International ideally but not essential
Salary for this opportunity is £25k-£27k plus company benefits.
The working hours for this role are rotating day and afternoons, working from 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm (37.5 hours per week).
For immediate consideration please apply today!