One of the largest postal providers in the UK has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Network Contracts Coordinator to support their sites in Bedford and Northampton. This is a full time, permanent position.
This is a supporting role for the Network Contracts Solutions Manager (Transport). It entails working with various divisions of the company - Fulfilment, DDM, Parcelhub and DSA/Tracked by providing support through booking of subcontractors, creating reports and recharges. The role would require an adaptable individual who can work using their own initiative and strong attention to detail and professionalism is key. Ensuring all data and information is kept confidential and not disclosed to anyone who is not entitled to access the information.
- Ad-hoc and weekly bookings to transport subcontractors using agreed suppliers and rates agreed by Network Contracts Solutions Manager (Transport).
- Obtaining POD's and sending to appropriate departments or entering on TMS
- Keeping transport and planning teams aware of any issues - subcontractors running late, vehicle breakdowns etc.
Raising of Purchase Orders
- The ability and requirement to raise POs for payment of services required for transport subcontractors for various divisions. This requires the ability to manage the raising of POs, the sign off and closure of the PO. Manage and report the costs on a weekly basis to the business. Liaising with Head Office regarding invoice queries ensuring these are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.
- Support for Network Contracts Solutions Manager (Transport) and providing holiday and out of office cover.
- Supporting on negotiations with suppliers when required.
- Ability to produce reports and recharge invoices for the business.
- Ensuring weekly KPI's are completed by subcontractors.
- Support on obtaining quotes for transport for various areas of the business when required (holiday cover).
- Assisting in costings for new business for transport/planning teams.
- Helping on DDM large campaigns to ensure deliveries are completed within SLA.
Required knowledge & Skills
- Intermediate skills with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to management. Ability to generate reports.
- Able to communicate effectively both on the phone, face to face and in writing to gain commitment from internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with suppliers and internal (external) customers.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage effectively in order to achieve deadlines through effective prioritisation.
- Reliability and a high level of integrity. Able to work with minimum supervision. Can demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate a situation and escalate appropriately.
- Excellent attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy even when working under pressure.
- A good geographical knowledge of the UK.
The successful candidate will have previously worked in a transport business, having contact with suppliers on a daily basis as well as experience in negotiating rates with suppliers.
This role is working 37.5 Hours pw, Monday- Friday from 10-6.30pm. You will be expected to work 2/3 days between Northampton and Bedford.
Salary for this opportunity is between £23,000 to £25,000 plus company benefits.
For immediate consideration apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available