Position Transport Manager (Peterborough)
Salary £40k-£45k DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Manager to join one of the largest last mile delivery companies in the UK. The company has recently opened a new haulage division which at present consists of 20 class one vehicle's and are looking at rapid expansion.
The successful candidate will be solely accountable for leading the transport operations team, managing drivers, compliance and vehicle performance whilst achieving successful operational delivery of client KPI's.
The position will be very hands-on and a diverse role, the successful candidate would come from a 3PL organisation preferably with palatized or parcel network experience.
The role will involve daily planning of shift and workload whilst seeking new opportunities and growth of the operation. Include responsibility all driver HR activities and driving continuous improvement to drive service value.
You will require an International CPC and be responsible for taking on a new operator's license.
- CPC International essential with experience of holding an Operator License.
- Strong driver performance management experience.
- Sound leadership and man-management skills.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience managing tractor unit and trailer fleet.
- Committed to supporting personal development within the team as well as ability to work with wider leadership within the business to provide industry knowledge and guidance as well as active part in future growth of haulage operations.
- Experience leading developing supplier relationships and business growth opportunities for the haulage operation.
- Requirement to be flexible with working hours to cover driver needs however standard working hours are Monday-Friday office hours.
What our client is offering
- £40k-£45k basic salary DOE
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Transport (Planning) Manager
- Northamptonshire, England
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, pension
- 27 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport (Planning) Manager to join a world-class 3PL and distribution business on a full-time, permanent basis in Northants. This is a truly exciting time to join the company, recognised as one of the top 10 global logistics provid... Read More
Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED - FT & PT
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- £8.90 - £10.75 per hour + +£30/week OT Bonus
- 15 days ago
DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR THE UK'S LEADING NO. 1 SPORTS RETAILER? WE ARE RECRUITING! FREE TRANSPORT FROM SHEFFIELD AVAILABLE!! Barker Ross Group are currently working with an employer of choice based at one of Mansfield's largest employers in Shirebrook, Mansfield. The Frasers Group wareh... Read More
IT Operations Manager
- Rutland, England
- £45000 - £50000 per annum + plus bonus
- 20 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic IT Operations Manager to join the team in Rutland on a full time, permanent basis. In essence you will administer the group's IT... Read More
Business Development Manager
- Market Harborough, Leicestershire
- £35000 - £40000 per annum + plus bonus / commission
- 29 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, enthusiastic and driven Business Development Professional who is passionate about developing their customers, forging professional, enjoyable and long-term relationships and identifying avenues for revenue growth. You will join a very fri... Read More