A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced transport management professional to join an established and successful total waste management business in the role of Transport Manager. The company specialise in the delivering, recycling, recovering, treatment, and disposal for all types of waste. The role is based at their Grantham site and is a full time, permanent position (days)
As Transport Manager, you will be responsible for the management and day-to-day running of your department and the company fleet of Drivers, Planners, De-Briefer's and Supervisors and Managers. The aim of your role is always to run an efficient and effective transport and delivery service maintaining customer satisfaction, safety standards and ongoing communications with relevant departments.
You will need to have excellent people management skills, capable of communicating effectively to the team, as well as being a relationship builder and strategic influencer in developing the culture of the business from where it is now, to where it wants to be.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a fast-paced 24/7 operation. It is essential that as Transport Manager you hold an International CPC. Additionally, tanker logistics experience will be required.
You will come with fresh ideas on how a transport operation should effectively run and be a keen advocate of continuous improvement as well as being a concise and dedicated leader. Naturally, Health and Safety will play a key part of this role and you will be responsible for managing compliance including processes and procedures.
Person Specification and Skills:
- Exceptional management and leadership qualities
- Experience of controlling finances within a transport operation.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptable approach to meet the requirements of the Business.
- PC Literate - MS Word, Excel and experience of Traffic Management Systems.
- Good knowledge of legislation and compliance surrounding road transport operations.
- An International CPC qualification is essential.
Salary for this excellent opportunity is c£50K plus company benefits.