One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Management System Super User in the Worsley area. This role is a full time permanent opportunity.
The Super User is a hands-on project role that will contribute to the Design, Configuration, Testing, Go Live, and on-going support for users. The role is challenging due to the need to have both operational and systems knowledge to contribute to analysing and documenting 'As Is' and 'To Be' states. The Super User will also need to mentor other operational roles on the project and, working in collaboration with IS, help to on-board the new services.
- Documentation of existing business scenarios, including business processes where required, related to transport operations.
- Help the SME's to articulate operational standards, methods, tools and best practices.
- Help the SME's in analysing future requirements and proposed 'To Be' business processes for completeness and to establish if they are fit for purpose.
- Documentation of 'To Be' models, business processes and UAT scenarios.
- Lead the operational teams in the creation of SOP and off system process.
- Work with the project team, users and vendors to design, test and implement the planning and execution related aspects of the TMS solution.
- Responsible for the definition of the requirement specifications and designs.
- Document business scenarios and transfer knowledge of operations to the project team to facilitate the blueprinting process.
- Serve as a domain expert, possessing in-depth knowledge of all aspects of transport processes.
- Transfer transport operational knowledge to the project team to ensure that best practice is delivered by releases and projects.
- Articulate existing business processes, identify and describe decisions that could be automated in the 'To Be' processes.
- Validate that 'To Be' business processes meet the strategic business requirements and satisfy existing business needs.
- Review and approve all documentation related to the design of the solution.
- Identify test scenarios and support the validation of vendor proposed designs.
- Lead operational teams in the development of UAT Scripts.
- Obtain answers from the respective business unit for unknown processes or questions.
- Identify risk and own mitigating actions where applicable.
- Communicate updates to BU teams and help to manage the change process.
- Lead the UAT testing activity and train local key users on how to use the system and to execute UAT.
- Planning KPI's, profit and loss, and collaboration across multiple planning sites.
- Optimisation of fleet utilisation via backhaul and use of sub contraction both internal and external.
- Customer Services, POD Management and document scanning.
- Integrating with finance systems, general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable Inc. self-bill.
- Master data, reporting and system administration.
- Transport Planner or has previously been a Transport Planner in a networked environment.
- Familiar with EnergyLink operations, and the fuels sector in general (ADR, potting.)
- Experience of using various transport management packages for planning and execution.
- Experience of using a transport optimisation system beneficial.
- Experience of business process modelling and Lean techniques advantageous.
- Strong understanding of logistics.
- Involvement in at least two medium scale medium complexity transport IS projects with specific responsibility for planning and back office processes.
- Good understanding of IS implementation methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, including technical planning issues.
- Ability to gain commitment from others.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Procedural skills.
- Logical thinker.
- Problem solver.
- Good team building skills.
- Good knowledge of Information and Systems Technology.
- Interest in IS and desire to be part of a large transformational project.
- Business Analysts.
- Implementation Analysts.
- Business SME's.
- Data owners.
- Solution Architects.
- Workstream Leads.
Salary for this opportunity is £37,500 plus benefits, working Monday to Friday (days).
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.