A leading global FMCG company are looking to develop their company further by hiring experienced Transport Coordinators to be based at their site in Crick, Northamptonshire.
As a Transport Coordinator, you will be assisting your manager by ensuring the operation of the Transport Office runs smoothly. You will be compiling and maintaining documentation and managing the information provided. Liaising and ensuring the drivers depart on time as well as processing vital information, issuing journey details and booking staff on and off shift, this is a role as challenging as it is demanding however very rewarding and plenty of room for progression.
- Brief and debrief the drivers on both departure and return from each journey.
- To effectively communicate via telephone with customers and Depots, ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly.
- To assist the management team in providing a professional service.
- To work well within the transport team function to ensure deadlines are met.
- Generate driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and issue to drivers.
- Produce Reports, such as missing volume, debrief status and unconfirmed orders.
- Collate weekly information for Transport auditing purposes.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised.
- Being able to multi-task and prioritise.
- You will have strong PC skills, especially Excel (use of spreadsheets).
- Knowledge of transport hours and regulations.
We are supporting out client who is looking to cover multiple vacancies across the following shifts:
4 on 4 off - days and nights rotating. Shift will be 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am.
Nights - Sunday to Thursday. Start time of 9pm-9.30pm, working a 42 hour week.
Night - Tuesday to Saturday. Start time of 9pm-9.30pm, working a 42 hour week.
Salary is £23k plus pension (up to 8%, with time served), retail voucher scheme and free parking.
For immediate consideration please send your CV for immediate consideration!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Crick, Northamptonshire
- £23000 - £24000 per annum + plus good company benefits
- 2 days ago
A leading global FMCG company are looking to develop their company further by hiring Transport Coordinators to be based at their site in Crick, Northamptonshire. As a Transport Coordinator, you will be assisting your manager by ensuring the operation of the Transport Office runs smoothl... Read More
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £8.65 - £10.50 per hour + +£60/week OT Bonus
- 10 days ago
100 x Warehouse Jobs at FRASERS - FREE TRANSPORT PROVIDED - REGULAR HOURS GUARANTEED & BONUSES AVAILABLE!! DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR THE UK'S LEADING NO. 1 SPORTS RETAILER? WE ARE RECRUITING! FREE TRANSPORT FROM NOTTINGHAM AVAILABLE!! Barker Ross Group are currently working with an employ... Read More
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27000 - £29000 per annum + plus bonus and contributory pension
- 10 days ago
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Freight Forwarder with import and export experience in road freight to join a small, friendly dynamic team in Leeds. This is a full time, permanent role. The position is available due to company expansion, and this is set to continue. Th... Read More