An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Coordinator join one of the UK's largest, leading distributor of pipeline and heating solutions at their site in Lutterworth, Leicestershire. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to grow their business and expand their ever growing team.
Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, you will support the Transport Operation across two National Distribution Centres.
You will be responsible for up to 28 routes and around 30 drivers supporting out-bases operating 24 hours per day, 5 days per week, whilst ensuring an efficient and smooth operation whilst achieving service levels within time and budgetary constraints.
You will interact with all driver activities, including performance management, shift briefs and debriefs, and ensure that all legislation documentation is in place. You will also update the fleet schedule whilst ensuring that all vehicles are serviced and maintained when required, interacting with our service partners to ensure that their high quality Scania fleet and bespoke trailers are maintained to the highest industry standards.
What we are looking for:
- The successful candidate will have worked in a traffic/transport office previously.
- You will possess first-class communication skills to engage effectively with our excellent team of drivers, both face to face and remotely.
- You will have experience of working with eVC, on-board vehicle monitoring systems, driver comms devices etc.
- You will be hands-on, and a proactive and pragmatic problem solver that can demonstrate excellent organisational and administration skills with great attention to detail.
- It is important to be able to prioritise a significant workload in a fast paced environment whilst being engaging with a wide range of transport actions and tasks.
- Having your own transport is essential for regular travel between the sites.
Salary for this opportunity is £30k plus company benefits including a save-as-you-earn scheme, buy-as-you-earn scheme, contributory pension scheme and colleague discount across a variety of Group businesses.
You will work Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) on a rota basis covering 6am to 2pm, 9am to 5pm and 2pm to 10pm.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- £24000 - £26000 per annum + plus car or allowance, bonus, pension
- 13 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business (one of the fastest growing transport companies in the UK) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner who is looking to take that next important career step. You will join an expanding, dynamic... Read More
Trainee Transport Planner
- Castle Donington, Leicestershire
- £21000 - £23000 per annum + plus bonus, pension, anual salary review
- 20 days ago
A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business (one of the fastest growing transport companies in the UK) has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Transport Planner who is looking to develop their career within logistics. You will join an expanding, dynamic bus... Read More
- Rutland, England
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + plus profit share scheme
- 23 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Operations Manager to join their team in the Rutland (East Midlands) region on a full time, permanent basis (days) This is a fantastic opening ... Read More
Yard and Maintenance Manager
- Bradford, West Yorkshire
- £30000 - £32000 per annum
- 8 days ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to join our rental company, based in Bradford, specialising in liquid storage equipment. Our rental company predominantly services a database of industrial clients, nationally. The position is yard/site based and may require some travel to... Read More