Position Transport Coordinator
Basic salary: £25k - £28k dependant on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a leading supplier and manufacturer of overhead irrigation equipment. Our client is seeking a Transport Coordinator to join their organisation based in Corby on a permanent basis. They are looking for a dynamic, committed individual who works well within a team whilst also being perfectly comfortable undertaking duties with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be joining a small, but growing, Customer Support / Transport Planning team. Your focus will mainly be in the Customer Order / Transport section but will also provide support and cover for all the team's tasks.
In this Transport Coordinator role, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate daily transports, including export & import vehicles
- Be the point of contact for our Customers and Suppliers
- Be confident in handling calls and emails from supplier and customers alike
- Log, check and resolve queries with Transport quotes and bookings
- Create and maintain operational task planners
- Communicate issues, resolutions, and updates to the Line Manager
- Proven knowledge of transport and logistics operations in the UK and Europe
- Proactively provide information on loads and transport details
- Take the initiative to propose improvements to processes and performance
- Maintain secure electronic and manual filing systems that allows for efficient retrieval and review
- Manage and maintain any transport spreadsheets & logs, as required
- Plan vehicle loads to maximise efficiency
- Other duties as the role develops
- Responding to client requests for quotes and booking transport as and when required
- Deal with Customer order / delivery queries, from enquiry to final resolution
- Process Claims, Returns and Damages
- Resolve ad hoc customer issues efficiently
- Liaise with other departments as necessary
- General administrative tasks
- Other duties that arise due to Customer needs
To be successful in the role Transport Coordinator you must:
- Possess excellent Outlook and Excel skills alongside a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to present and articulate verbally and written information to customers.
- Transport experience & knowledge is essential.
- Import / Export documentation knowledge is essential.
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks efficiently
- Be calm under the pressure of deadlines to ensure accuracy is not lost in favour of speed
- Confident in dealing with internal and external customers in a polite and professional manner, especially when there is a difficult situation to deal with.
Hours of work: 42hrs a week Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm Friday 8am - 4.30pm
Additional benefits: pension, holiday 28 days inc bank holidays
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Brandon, Suffolk
- £22000 - £26000 per annum
- 15 days ago
Here at Barker Ross Recruitment we are currently recruiting for a well experienced Logistics Coordinator to join our clients ever growing teams Monday to Friday 8 AM until 5PM Main duties of the role will be: Logging and processing all new orders to be able to track all project delivery... Read More