The ideal candidate will have:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience
- Experience in mild steel fabrication
- Experience in TIG welding mild steel
- Able to work on their own initiative in a fast-paced environment
- TIG Welding - Drilling - Grinding - Reading Technical Drawings
Steel Fabricator Key Tasks
- Cutting stock material to size, to ensure efficient use of materials, to ensure good joint types.
- Suitable selection of welding equipment appropriate to task, including gases and weld wire.
- Welding of steel joints in line with drawings, cleaning of joints and ensuring best practice
- Assist with in house engineering jobs in particular manufacture of architectural mild steel products
- Inspection and identification of stock items that are to be used in the fabrication and assembly of our client's products.
- Use of hand tools and power tool (i.e. drills, grinders)
- Read drawings to determine & produce welded assemblies
- Knowledge of operation care of welding equipment
- Welded components in flat positions
- Welded ferrous metals using inert gas welding equipment
- Performed repairs and maintenance on metal body components
- Be flexible & able to move to other areas within the factory when required
- To maintain a high standard & quality of work
- Ensure safe working practices at all times
- Responsible for good housekeeping in your own work area
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in faced paced environment
- Responsible for maintaining equipment
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Free onsite parking
If you are interested in this role then please send a cv to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available