An opportunity has arisen for a Temporary Maintenance Technician at a global manufacturer and supplier within the medical industry based in Coventry.
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician role is to carry out preventative maintenance, inspections, cleaning and repairs on production equipment, services and the building.
This role reports to the Site Facilities and Safety Manager. The Maintenance Technician does not have any line management responsibilities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Carrying out Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) schedules on process equipment
- Completion of associated PPM documentation to a high standard
- Stripping, dismantling and cleaning process equipment to defined procedures
- Reassembling equipment and returning to running order
- Completion of cleaning documentation to a high standard
- Routine checks, monitoring and repair of equipment
- Attending breakdowns, identifying fault conditions and repairing equipment to minimise production downtime
- Supervise, monitoring and assist contractors when carrying out work.
- Responsible for receiving Permits to Work and ensuring engineering work is carried out to all internal and external Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation and Engineering standards
- Liaise with Operations personnel to schedule preventative maintenance
- Any other duties as required
Key skills / abilities
- A completed apprenticeship in Engineering is essential, preferably NVQ Level 3 in Maintenance Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- To work efficiently, accurately and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work under own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate experience of mechanical engineering within a maintenance environment.
- Ability to solve problems, fault find in a systematic way, making effective use of theoretical knowledge
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm, 40 hours per week.
Salary for this role is £16.15per hour and overtime is paid at time and a half.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Romford, London
- Up to £10.77 per hour
- 16 days ago
The Company Our client is a market leading provider of infrastructure, civil engineering and reinforced concrete frame services for residential, commercial and public sector developments. The Role We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance Handyman Will be working Mo... Read More