Our client is a highly successful pharmaceutical company in Leicestershire, due to continued success and internal promotion they are now looking to recruit a permanent Technical Assistant
The Technical Assistant will assist the Technical Manager in developing contract manufactured products, assist with the formulation of new products to enable accurate quoting, run production development trials, ensure the safety, legality and quality of all products sold by the company by supporting the Technical Manager and liaising closely with customers and meeting their needs in a timely manner, complete customers' own format specifications and provide customers with company specifications, investigate non-conformances and implement corrective actions in close cooperation with Quality department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure only approved suppliers are used prior to purchase. Liaise with QA to ensure appropriate approvals for all new suppliers, new materials or materials purchased from alternative suppliers.
- Raise change controls for changes to specifications, process, suppliers, or other matters in line with SOP. Review change controls as required.
- Ensure new formulations to the system to allow prompt quoting, Produce accurate quotes for all new and existing products.
- Fully understand: the excipients they use, their function and levels required; the active ingredients and how to calculate active levels of components; the herbal actives and various way of using them and calculating active levels.
- Efficiently respond to customer enquiries, Provide excellent customer service.
- Attend meeting at customer's premises and attend trade shows as required.
- Develop relationships with suppliers that can help with product development.
- Assist in sourcing suppliers of new components.
- Run production trials on new products as required.
The successful Technical Assistant will have the following Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Relevant experience from within the Pharmaceutical or Food Manufacturing industry, GCSE or equivalent in Maths or Science
Analytical approach, Ability to solve problems and provide innovative solutions, Excellent attention to detail, Ability to learn at a fast pace, Self Motivated, Accuracy and Diligence, Team-worker, Excellent organisational skills
Customer service focused, Able to work independently or part of a team.
Desirable Qualifications include: A levels or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths; A diploma in Food Science, Science, Nutrition or a related course.
Benefits for the Technical Assistant role include:
Circa £25,000 / Competitive salary dependent on experience
35 hour week 9-5 Mon - Fri
28 days holiday
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available