A great opportunity has become available for a Team Manager to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly an exciting time to join a brand-new site that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
The main purpose of the Team Managers role will be to proactively support the Team Leaders in their planning, coordinating, supervising and onsite reporting on all work activities during shift time.
The key responsibilities of our Team Manager include:
- Manage and direct the team to successfully meet customer Service Level Agreements in accordance with standard operating procedures & safe systems of work
- Ensure business required KPI's outlines are achieved within the set time frames and shift staffing is always managed effectively
- Effectively plan and manage workloads of the team and ensure that work is delegated to enable the team to achieve performance KPI's
- Lead the team in a responsible manner, being always fair and adhering to a consistent approach
- Proactively help and support the team in terms of performance, welfare and conduct in line with company policies and procedures
- Monitor attendance and overtime from both a cost and welfare perspective and takes the appropriate action
- Plan development and skills training interventions, including cross-training with other departments
- Support the management of the operation on a daily basis by using business improvement tools with the team to continuously look at how to make things "better, faster, cheaper"
- Maintain a safe working environment, ensuring compliance to the company and legislative Health & Safety policies and procedures, standards and regulations and maintaining safeguarding practices
- Oversee query stock resolving issues through to conclusion
The successful Candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent people management skills, the ability to lead a team successfully and the capability to influence those around you
- Ability to demonstrate success in implementing changes to achieve "better, faster, cheaper"
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal allowing you to converse with key stakeholders in the business both internally and externally
- Thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety in a warehouse and distribution environment
- Capability to demonstrate either warehouse logistics knowledge or production environment knowledge
- Experience of leading a team successfully
- Competent in Maths & English. GCSE's grade A-C, or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 in warehousing/production management, or equivalent
- NVQ Level 2 in business improvement techniques, or equivalent
Salary is c£26k plus pension and other excellent benefits.
Working hours available are:
06:00 - 14:00 (Mon-Fri)
14:00 - 22:00 (Mon-Fri)
3 on 3 off 08:00 - 20:00
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available