Team Leader Operations - Modular Construction - Northfleet Kent - Competitive Salary
Berkeley Modular are looking for a special group of team leaders with the right ambition, drive and behaviours to help start up, run and continuously improve their new factory. Their vision is to create the highest performing modular manufacturer in the UK and if you share their passion for excellence then they would like to meet you.
You will be able to inspire and energise, build ownership and capability and celebrate your colleagues ahead of yourself. You will be respectful, lead by example but instinctively and effortlessly hold yourself and others to account. You will be someone who believes in "going to gemba" and will never be afraid to get your hands dirty.
You will need a proven ability to:
- Build valuable and respectful relationships in the work place
- Inspire and coach people to do their best
- Work flexibly and collaboratively
- Learn quickly and effectively
It would be valuable for you to have
- A diploma in engineering or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of production leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong levels of verbal and numerical reasoning
- Experience in creating and delivering training
- Good understanding & practical working knowledge of ERP & MES systems
- A working knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental regulatory requirements
- Lean or Six Sigma experience
As part of our Team of Leaders you will initially be developing knowledge and a deep understanding of our product and process technologies as we begin production. This learning will culminate with the development of extensive materials to be used for setting up and delivering training programmes to your production teams in the new systems of work to support, maintain and improve the production capability including:
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Risk Assessments
- Autonomous Maintenance Plans and Procedures.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that the complete system is able to consistently deliver to the required output and quality levels.
As such, our Team of Leaders will be responsible for:
- Delivering our product against exacting standards
- Effectiveness of the team measured against quality, productivity and cost targets
- Ensuring a safe working environment for the workforce
- Implementing a culture of Continuous Improvement.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.