Systems Engineer (Manufacturing) - £50K-£55K + Package - Northfleet, Kent
This is an opportunity to join an exciting new business within the Berkeley Group at an early stage of the project. This strategic new venture is being established to produce volumetric modules on behalf of Berkeley Group which are specifically designed and engineered for the residential housing sector to help create high performing, high quality and comfortable homes for people to enjoy living in.
As Systems Engineer you will initially be responsible for helping develop a Digitally Enabled Agile Manufacturing (DEAM) platform to support an advanced volumetric modular production facility. This platform will incorporate some sophisticated IT systems including a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) module, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) module, a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) module and a Building Energy Management System (BEMS) module.
As Systems Engineer you will help define the core processes to support engineering, manufacturing and site-based operations. Your role will include providing support the development of advanced system automation initiatives, and helping to provide engineering design and specification input for new production equipment and be directly involved in helping to develop software interfaces and control protocols for the new production system.
Once the factory is established, the focus will switch to ensure day-to-day that the entire manufacturing system is performing to required service / quality levels so that product delivers to the Berkeley Group standard. This will include developing systems and controls to automatically identify defects and stop machines as part of the business' continuous improvement philosophy and as part of the site-wide energy management initiatives, systematically pushing for root cause solutions to drive inefficiencies out of the system.
Initial Duties to Go-Live:
- Develop and support manufacturing interfaces to systems such as PLC's, MES, ERP & PLM
- Design and test newly created and existing digital systems with third party providers
- General site wide IT support
- Help to map and specify supporting business digital information flows for the introduction of an advanced ERP, MES & BEMS systems
- Efficient resolution of plant and equipment PLC / CNC control system faults and working with vendors to establish root causes.
- Help to map and define the maintenance strategies for all equipment
- Help to design and implement a Quality Management System to help secure ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 and support assurance / warranty scheme programmes
- Help to design and implement HSEQ processes to support all systems maintenance activities
- Assist the Engineering team in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments to support safe and efficient production operations
- Play an active role in the role definition, recruitment and on-boarding of the new engineering team
- Help to create and deliver advanced training packages for the new engineers and frontline operators
- Play an active role during sample production / prototyping trials
- Play an active role in the development and user acceptance testing of the systems platform
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum ONC qualified with HNC / Degree or equivalent preferred, or you will have extensive experience in a complex manufacturing engineering environment with direct exposure to IT / software systems
- Electronic, electro-mechanical or mechatronic engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience within complex manufacturing environments
- Experience in PLC / CNC system design
- Clear evidence of PLC programming skills (e.g. with Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.)
- Advanced understanding of ERP and implementation experience advantageous
- Advanced understanding of MES and implementation experience advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of ISO accreditation requirements
- Exposure to the development of cross-functional processes within a complex environment ideally within a green field factory build
- Experience within an offsite, automotive, steel fabrication or similar background
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to influence
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team ethic
- Ambition to achieve
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available