Supported Living Support Worker
Location: Chesterfield, S43
Salary: £9.00 - £9.80 per hour
Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently have an amazing opportunity for Supported Living Support Workers to join one of our clients in Chesterfield. Shifts will be based on rota and will be mainly long days. This role will involve supporting a young adult with learning disabilities and autism and some challenging behaviours in a supported living environment.
- Providing high standards of care and support for service users, in line with care and support plans, compliance with CQC regulations and the care & support policies and procedures
- Identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients
- Supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs and challenging behaviour within a supported living environment
- Hoisting and moving and handling may also be involved
- Encourage good community relationships
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required and working to care plans
- Work shifts to the needs of the residents, including; weekends, sleep-ins and night cover
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as required within a homely environment
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the home manager
- Support residents to actively contribute to the running of their home and provide a safe and comfortable environment
- To contact and support residents to access appropriate agencies for practical, emotional and health advice e.g. Dentist, GP
- Arranging day trips, attending appointment and group activities
Must have 3 months experience within health and social care
Job type: Temp to perm
Hours: Full time / days
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Resettlement Worker and Support Worker - Islington
- Islington, London
- Up to £13.35 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Resettlement Worker -Islington, 37.5 hours a week, £13.35 per hour, temporary 1-3 ... Read More
Floating Support Worker - Young People (Greenwich)
- Greenwich, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Floating Support Worke... Read More
Resettlement Workers - Rough Sleepers (EEA Nationals)
- Finchley, London
- Up to £13.51 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Resettlement Workers -... Read More