Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a new care provider in Aston-on-Trent, who specialise in offering an empathic and supportive environment for the recovery and rehabilitation for adults between the ages of 18-65. This support role will involve supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities within their own home.
- Work to and update care plans, keeping regular logs and records
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with individuals other professionals and social workers
- Provide high quality care and support to adults within a supported living environment
- Observe client conditions and log and updates as when required
- Encouraging good community relationships
- Attending doctors appointments, assisting with everyday living, shopping trips, gym and daily activities and encouraging general domestic duties within their own home
- Supporting the management team and assisting other support staff
- Based across Swadlincote - the full shift will normally be at one location
- Pay rate £9.30 - £12.00 per hour and increase in rates for bank holiday
- Sleep in rate is £40 per hour flat rate
- Temp to perm and permanent contacts available
- Day shifts and sleep in's
The ideal Support Worker needs to have:
- 3 to 6 months minimum experience in supporting adults with learning disability
- Valid DBS which is on the update service
- Mandatory training completed in Moving and Handling, Safeguarding and Infection Control within the last year
They provide care and support in a supported living environment encouraging the residents to take part in activities and work towards independent living. Your role will be to support the residents in their day to day lives. You will be supporting adults with wide range of learning disabilities. As a support worker you will be present with them throughout and assisting them.
This is a great organisation to work for and they will match you with people according to shared hobbies and interests, so that you can both enjoy doing things together.
If this is a role you are interested in, please contact Jade or Aneesa at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Supported Living Support Worker
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £9.30 - £12.60 per hour
- 7 days ago
Job details: Providing high standards of care and support for service users, in line with care and support plans, compliance with CQC regulations and the care & support policies and procedures Identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care Assist in th... Read More
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £9.30 - £12.60 per hour
- 14 days ago
Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently have an amazing opportunity for Supported Living Support Workers to join one of our client teams in Chesterfield in South Yorkshire. They have various hours available including, full-time, and part-time. Shifts will be based on rota and will ... Read More
Tenancy Support Worker - Homelessness (Kingston)
- Kingston upon Thames, London
- Up to £12625 per annum
- 6 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
Refuge Worker - Domestic Violence
- Hounslow, London
- Up to £25955 per annum
- 4 days ago
Our client is a large charity that support women and girls with a history of violence, abuse or domestic violence. Position Available: Refuge Worker - Domestic Violence, Housnlow, 3-4 months ongoing, full time 37.5 hours per week, £25,955pa. Role Purpose: The post holder will provide a ... Read More