Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services.
Position Available: Supported Housing Worker - Substance Misuse, Lewisham, Permanent, Part time - 25 hours per week, £17,451 pro rata
Our client is looking to recruit a Supported Housing Worker to join their supported housing service in Lewisham. The supported housing worker will play a proactive role in supporting individuals in their recovery, ensuring a safe, dynamic and forward thinking service is provided.
As the UK's leading specialist substance misuse charity and housing association, they are experts in delivery of recovery housing. At their Lewisham Supported Housing service we provide accommodation and support to individuals in recovery from drug and alcohol dependency, affording them the opportunity to develop essential life skills and re-integrate into the local community.
Candidates will have experience of working within supported housing and will possess knowledge and understanding of substance misuse. Successful candidates will be dynamic and forward thinking with keen insight into the support needs of those who have experienced homelessness and addiction.
- Experience of working in services with people with support needs related to alcohol/substance misuse and mental health.
- Ability to manage a case load of individuals with presenting support needs
- Ability to work with individuals to develop clear time framed action plans that support progress towards goals
- Experience of working in partnership with other organisations
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team to deliver a high-quality service
- Ability to work with service users to develop workable risk management plans and to adopt a non-risk averse approach to service delivery
- Demonstrable commitment to your own continuous professional development and that of others.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
- Demonstrable commitment to the values and ethos of the client
- Demonstrable proficiency in using technology to record and report information.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a rota covering a number of services
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Supported Housing Worker - Substance Misuse / Mental health
- Lewisham, London
- Up to £24643 per annum
- 10 days ago
Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services. Position Available: Supported Housing Worker - Lewisham, Permanent, 37.5 hours, £24,634pa including London... Read More
Team Manager - Substance Misuse / Recovery (Lewisham)
- Lewisham, London
- Up to £27800 per annum
- 10 days ago
Our client is a large charity and housing association that support people overcoming drug and alcohol problems. They provide residential, prison, community and specialist services. Position Available: Team Manager - Lewisham, Permanent, 37.5 hours, £27,800pa including London weighting. ... Read More
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- £9.20 - £9.50 per hour + * sleep ins
- 1 day ago
Barker Ross Health & Social Care is currently recruiting for Support workers based in Nuneaton. Our client is currently looking for support workers who have experience in Learning Disabilities, Autism and challenging behaviors . We are currently looking for Support workers based in Nune... Read More
Drug and Alcohol Worker
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £10.00 - £14.00 per hour
- 15 days ago
Drug and Alcohol Worker Location: Derby, DE1 Salary: £10.00 - £14.00 per hour Job type: Temporary ongoing Hours: 30 hours a week (Monday to Friday) - Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a substan... Read More
Service Manager - Young People and Homelessness
- South East London, London
- £32000 - £36000 per annum
- 20 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of the supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futu... Read More