Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Support Workers - Homelessness (Camden), £11-12 per hour, 37.5 hours per week, temp ongoing
Supporting and empowering our customers to increase their life skills, self management and confidence to successfully sustain independent living.
This aim will be achieved through the provision of individualised support, tailored to the specific needs of homeless adults and young people.
- Holding a caseload of customers and co-ordinating their support packages.
- Actively promoting customer involvement at all times.
- Working with customers to assess and identify their support needs, agreeing support plans, recording outcomes and reviewing progress towards achieving their goals.
- Establishing supportive and professional relationships with customers and dealing effectively with unpredictable and challenging situations in a professional and sensitive manner.
- Ensuring customers are supported to achieve independent living through proactive support and building positive links with relevant agencies.
- Liaising with external partners, including accessing appropriate statutory and voluntary services.
- Ensuring fair access through interviewing and assessing the suitability of referrals, based on the criteria of the project.
- Ensuring customers are supported to raise complaints, comments and suggestions.
- Ensuring all voids are advertised and lettings made promptly.
- Supporting customers to pay their rent, including providing advice on benefits and debt management.
- Being accessible and responsive at all times to customers' concerns and requests for information.
- Supporting and advising customers on any matters relating to their occupancy agreements.
- Dealing with breaches of occupancy agreements sensitively and efficiently, in accordance with warnings and appeal procedures.
- Responding in a decisive and proactive manner to customer and neighbour disputes.
- Producing and monitoring records including rent, Supporting People monitoring information and CORE reports within required deadlines.
- Reporting repairs and maintenance in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Supporting colleagues to remove items and make rooms ready for new occupants, where required
Health and Safety
- Ensuring customers have up to date information on Health and Safety, and supporting them to manage their environment.
- Being fully aware of, and working within Health and Safety legislation.
- Carrying out regular Health and Safety inspections, taking immediate action to remedy health and safety defects and alerting the appropriate people in line with Health and Safety Policies.
- Undertaking risk assessments for each customer and reviewing them regularly.
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people (young people, mental health, substance misuse, rough sleepers) to achieve independent living. NOT care experience.
- Experience of supporting and an understanding of the reasons why people become homeless and the needs and challenges they face.
- Knowledge of statutory and voluntary resources available to homeless people including an understanding of welfare benefits.
- Ability to take on a caseload with responsibility for key working a group of customers, co-ordinating support packages, and proactively ensuring all necessary tasks and activities are completedAbility to document clear records and to evidence outcomes achieved with custome
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.