Barker Ross Health and Social Care is looking for Full time and Part time positions as a Support Worker for adults with Learning Disabilities, in a supported living setting at our services in and around Leicestershire and Loughborough please apply to this advert if you are interested in working at any one of these service locations.
As a Support Worker for the individuals that we support you will be responsible and involved in the everyday life of the people that we support, making sure that they are fully involved when it comes to receiving support.
- Ensure the individuals that we support lead valued and fulfilling lives
- Helping them to reach their potential and achieve to the best of their ability
- You may be required to support the service users with the following:
- Household chores
- Positive and Active Hobbies
- Moving home for the first time
- Planning holidays
- Going to the cinema
- Meal Preparation and Cooking
- Maintaining positive appearance and personal hygiene
- You will be required to work some weekends and bank holidays - however we operate on an increased pay for weekend work.
- Identifying priorities and managing time effectively
- Actively listening and showing understanding of others
- Demonstrating a positive attitude in all dealings with people and acting as a positive role model and being involved in group site activities including events
- Being prompt, punctual, prepared and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance at all times
- Understanding professional boundaries of both clients and co-workers
- Being passionate about ensuring that the service users are receiving care in a dignified and respectful manner
- Understanding that working as part of a passionate and committed team is key
- Various hours of work available on working rota
- Providing high quality care to service users, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Providing care and support to young adults on as assisted living and extra care scheme
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or senior staff
At Barker Ross we believe that all our team members are great and we wouldn't be able to do what we do without them. Here are a few ways we give back and invest in the people who work with us:
- A flexible holiday allowance
- A brilliant training programme with certificates you keep
- Pension contributions
- Regular Social Events including - Cheese and wine nights and Breakfast Mornings
- Access to excellent employee advice and support
- A fantastic recommend a friend incentive
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
Full UK drivers licence preferred but not necessary
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or Relevant Experience
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Sean at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 / 07702459024 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.