Our client provides direct support to clients with mental health as well as autism within a setting of a supported living inWood Green - North West London
Position Available: Support Worker - Wood Green - North West London, Permanent, £8.72ph - 35hrs a week
We are currently looking for kind, compassionate and flexible support workers with a genuine desire to care to provide support to adults with mental health and autism in North West London - Wood Green.
The role is to provide support living to young adults, in their supported living environment, whilst promoting the individual's independence. The role can be varied, but a typical day may include, assisting with meal preparation, medication prompts and/or support with attending activities in the community and personal care.
We are looking for flexible team members, as working weekend and evening shifts will be required.
The desired applicant will ideally have the following:
- Minimum 3-6 months experience in Mental Health and Autism.
- Enhanced DBS - (On the update service preffered)
- Mandatory Training Certificates
- Living within 3 mile radius of Wood Green
- NVQ/ Diploma 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care will be an advantage but not compulsory (further training will be provided).
- Be able to handle residents with challenging behaviour.
- Good communication skills, for a wide range of needs.
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- The ability to work effectively and proactively with individuals who present challenging behaviours
We are currently recruiting for Full Time / Part-Time
Salary: starting from £8.72ph
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 020 3617 3157
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.