Support Worker (Learning Disabilities)
Location: Stoke on Trent, ST6
Salary: £8.50 - £10.50 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Full time or part time hours available
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a new care provider in Stoke on Trent who specialise in offering a empathic and supportive environment for the recovery and rehabilitation for adults between the ages of 18-65. This support role will involve supporting adults with learning disabilities within their own home.
They provide care and support in a supported living environment encouraging the residents to take part in activities and work towards independent living. Your role will be to support the residents in their day to day lives. You will be supporting adults with wide range of learning disabilities. As a support worker you will be present with them throughout and assisting them.
- Work to and update care plans / record files
- Person centred support plans and risk assessments are created in partnership with individuals other professionals and social workers
- Provide high quality care and support to adults within a supported living environment
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities, some challenging behaviour and some personal care involved
- Observe client conditions and log and updates as when required
- Encouraging good community relationships
- Supporting the management team and assisting other support staff
- Based in Stoke-on-Trent ST3, ST4 and ST6
- Pay rate £8.21 - £10.21 per hour and increase in rates for bank holiday
- Sleep in's £60 flat rate
- Temporary and temporary to permanent contacts available
- Day and night shifts available
The ideal Support Worker needs to have:
- 6 months experience in supporting adults with learning disability
- Valid DBS which is on the update service
- Mandatory training completed in Moving and Handling, Safeguarding and Infection Control within the last year
- Practical moving and handling
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire
- £9.20 - £9.50 per hour + * sleep ins
- 6 days ago
Barker Ross Health & Social Care is currently recruiting for Support workers based in Nuneaton. Our client is currently looking for support workers who have experience in Learning Disabilities, Autism and challenging behaviors . We are currently looking for Support workers based in Nune... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- £08.45 - £9.55 per hour
- 18 minutes ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Chesterfield Salary: £8.45 - £9.55 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time days 37.5 hours per week Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting fo... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- £08.60 - £17.00 per hour
- 4 days ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Sherwood, Nottingham Salary: £8.60 - £17.00 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time / Days and nights on a rota Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently r... Read More
Support Housing Worker - Homelessness and Complex Needs
- Newham, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 1 day ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More
Drug and Alcohol Worker
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £10.00 - £14.00 per hour
- 20 days ago
Drug and Alcohol Worker Location: Derby, DE1 Salary: £10.00 - £14.00 per hour Job type: Temporary ongoing Hours: 30 hours a week (Monday to Friday) - Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a substan... Read More