- To work to ensure that the physical, emotional and identified primary care needs of adult citizens are met through the development and maintenance of a supportive and caring environment.
- To establish positive relationships with the adult citizens, assessing needs and working jointly in preparation, implementation, delivery and revision of care plans.
- To plan and participate in the formulation, implementation and delivery of care plans.
- To undertake as directed preventative, family assessment, support and aftercare work using a range of intervention skills.
- To work with adult citizens and their families and carers, individually and in groups, addressing social skills, personal issues, with the aim of enhancing the relationships.
- To work to provide a positive, welcoming and stimulating environment for the adult citizens, their families and friends, supporting them in carrying out domestic duties in their home when required.
- On occasion, with support/supervision, to attend Court, adult Protection Conferences or Planning Meetings and Panels and contribute information to reports on adult citizens as requested.
- To communicate professionally and effectively with adult citizens, other team members, courts, professionals from statutory or voluntary sectors and other agencies.
- To refer to the appropriate manager, immediately upon any suspicion, evidence or allegation of any concern, especially in relation to incidents of violence or adult protection issues, in accordance with adult Protection procedures and the Policy Guides.
- To contribute to all of the procedures, with particular reference to the maintenance of casework files. To assist in the production of reports and correspondence to a high professional standard as required.
- To assist in the day to day management of the Petty Cash System in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for the management of a shift.
- To work on specifically designated tasks or projects (as delegated and as appropriate to grading and experience) which contribute to the development of the as requested by the Manager.
- To assist the Manager in ensuring that all staff are made aware of the current legal, professional and administrative practices and procedures that apply within the organisation. Including ensuring appropriate security and confidentiality of information.
- To keep abreast of developments within the profession including knowledge of legislation, policy and practice procedures relating to adult citizens
- To key work a caseload of residents using a weekly support meeting sheet and weekly activity planner.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Resettlement Worker and Support Worker - Islington
- Islington, London
- Up to £13.35 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Resettlement Worker -Islington, 37.5 hours a week, £13.35 per hour, temporary 1-3 ... Read More
Floating Support Worker - Young People (Greenwich)
- Greenwich, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Floating Support Worke... Read More
Resettlement Workers - Rough Sleepers (EEA Nationals)
- Finchley, London
- Up to £13.51 per hour
- 5 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Resettlement Workers -... Read More