Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire
Salary: £9.01 per hour
Job type: Temporary & temp to perm opportunities
Hours: Full time / Days
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Support Worker on behalf of a client based in Banbury in Oxfordshire. This will involve supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health, challenging behaviour and related behavioural difficulties.
Community and supported living support worker .
- Providing high quality care to service users, identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care to adults and adults with learning disabilities, mental health, challenging behaviour and related behavioural difficulties.
- Supporting adults within their own home in a supported living environment
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Supporting clients in the community and also within a supported living environment, providing emotional support to clients
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required and reading over care plans for each service user
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or senior staff
- Identifying priorities and managing time effectively
- Actively listening and showing understanding of others
- Continually updating own knowledge and actively pursuing own personal development
- Demonstrating a positive attitude in all dealings with people and acting as a positive role model
- Being prompt, punctual, prepared and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance at all times
- Understanding professional boundaries of both clients and co-workers
- Being passionate about ensuring that your Customers are receiving care in a dignified and respectful manner
- Understanding that working as part of a passionate and committed team is key
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
Current enhanced DBS
Full UK drivers licence
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Mental Health Support Worker
- Ilkeston, Derbyshire
- £9.10 - £10.80 per hour
- 6 days ago
Mental Health Support Worker Location: Ilkeston, Derbyshire Salary: £9.10 - £10.80 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time / Nights (some days available) Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Residential Children's Support Worker
- Bingham, Nottinghamshire
- £09.00 - £10.91 per hour
- 6 days ago
Residential Children's Support Worker Location: Bingham, Nottingham Salary: £9.00 - £10.91 per hour Job type: Permanent Hours: Days and sleep in's Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for a Chi... Read More
Supported Living Support Worker
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £8.91 - £11.79 per hour
- 7 days ago
Supported Living Support Worker Location: Stoke on Trent, ST3 Salary: £8.91 - £11.79 per hour Job type: Temporary Hours: Full time or part time hours available Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruit... Read More
Resident Support Worker - Rough Sleepers / Homelessness
- Kingston upon Thames, London
- Up to £27700 per annum
- about 10 hours ago
Our client supports rough sleepers and clients with a history of homelessness. They provide various types of housing and support to vulnerable people. Position Available: Resident Support Worker - Rough Sleepers / Homelessness (Kingston ), 3-6 month fixed term contract - with possibilit... Read More
Lead Outreach Worker -Rough Sleepers
- East London, London
- Up to £13.06 per hour
- 13 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More