Location: Chesterfield, S44
Salary: £8.21 - £11.00 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Full time / Part time (days and nights available on rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for Home Care and Support Workers to join one of our clients teams in Chesterfield. They have various hours available including, full-time, and part-time. Shifts will be based on rota and will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and waking nights. This role will involve supporting adults and older people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour in a residential home.
- Providing high standards of care and support for service users, in line with care and support plans, compliance with CQC regulations and the care & support policies and procedures
- Identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients
- Supporting adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and complex needs in a residential home
- Encouraging residents to do as much as possible for themselves in order to develop and maintain their independence and physical ability
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or senior staff
- Identifying priorities and managing time effectively, working across
- Actively listening and showing understanding of others
- Continually updating own knowledge and actively pursuing own personal development
- Demonstrating a positive attitude in all dealings with people and acting as a positive role model
- Being prompt, punctual, prepared and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance at all times
- Understanding professional boundaries of both clients and co-workers
- Being passionate about ensuring that your Customers are receiving care in a dignified and respectful manner
- Understanding that working as part of a passionate and committed team is key
- Various hours of work available on working rota
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
Practical Moving and Handling trained
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
Full UK drivers licence
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Aneesa at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.