Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Support Lead - Dual Diagnosis (Brent), 37.5 hours a week, contract 3-6 months, £27-28kpa
To provide support for the Team Leader in Brent in the delivery of high quality and effective
support services, which promote independence, Wellbeing, inclusion and resilience.
Support the Team Leader in the delivery of key performance indicators within the service specification.To lead, organise, motivate, develop and support the staff team, carry small case load of clients when required.
- Deliver an effective dual diagnosis Supported Living service
- To work within a recovery and person centred approach that address both mental health needs and substance misuse issues.
- Support the Team Leader to lead and motivate your team to create and sustain a positive culture within your service
- Deliver effective supervision, appraisals and team meetings to the team
- Build effective relationships with local substance misuse treatment providers, including coordination of regular substance misuse surgeries at the service
- Ensure that support staff and addressing substance misuse needs and identifying support through support planning
- Ensure that the Medication Policy is adhered to by staff and that all medication is stored securely in the staff office
- Responsibility for the development of staff, with support from the Team Leader, identifying development needs relevant to the role or team, ensuring appropriate training, mentoring or shadowing is provided
- Work with the Team Leader on recruitment when necessary and new staff inductions
- Ensure all key performance indicators in the contracts or service agreements are met and recorded correctly
- To provide 'hands-on' support to Support Workers when complex support issues arise or breaches of tenancy occur and take charge when there is a major incident
- Carry out and evidence regular assessments of support needs; drawing up, implementing, monitoring and reviewing support plans, including risk assessment and outcomes monitoring
- To ensure that tenants are supported to better understand their responsibilities and manage their tenancies, ensuring tenancy and license conditions are adhered to
- At least two years' experience working within a dual diagnosis, preferably in supported accommodation (E)
- Working directly with people with mental health needs and with substance misuse issues (E)
- Experience of multi-agency working alongside statutory organisations and landlords (E)
- Experience of completing and monitoring support plans and risk assessments (E)
- Experience of dealing with ASB and tenant disputes (D)
- Experience of financial and other monitoring and control of a service (D)
- Working knowledge and experience of housing, health and welfare systems (E)
- Working knowledge and experience of substance misuse services and types of treatments (E)
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration or call directly on 07824016243
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Floating Support Worker - Young People (Greenwich)
- Greenwich, London
- Up to £11.71 per hour
- 9 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Floating Support Worke... Read More
Resettlement Worker and Support Worker - Islington
- Islington, London
- Up to £13.35 per hour
- 9 days ago
Our client provides support to clients with a history of mental health issues and homelessness. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Available: Resettlement Worker -Islington, 37.5 hours a week, £13.35 per hour, temporary 1-3 ... Read More
Resettlement Workers - Rough Sleepers (EEA Nationals)
- Finchley, London
- Up to £13.51 per hour
- 9 days ago
Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. Position Available: Resettlement Workers -... Read More
Independent Domestic Violence Advocate - Remote Working
- City of London, London
- £25000 - £26000 per annum
- 3 days ago
Our client provides various kinds of support to women and children in need. Position Available: Independent Domestic Violence Advocate, - Remote Working for Warwickshie service ongoing contract until March 2022, £25,100a, 37.5 hrs per week Role Purpose: The independent domestic violence... Read More