Our client is an international leading manufacturer of special purpose engineering products based in Hinckley.
Due to continued success and growth they are now looking to recruit a permanent Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager will manage the procurement, planning and warehouse functions to ensure on time delivery of specified quality product at a competitive price.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will contribute to setting strategy and budget to achieve overall company objectives.
Key functionalities include:
- Setting purchasing strategy to achieve maximum marginal purchasing value and to develop systems to enable this.
- Manage and be responsible for workflows into production from stores
- Responsible for stores operation.
- Managing and controlling external suppliers with particular emphasis on obtaining competitive pricing, acceptable quality and on time delivery in full.
- Establish service level agreements and monitor supplier performance. This can only be accomplished when the relevant system is implemented.
- To ensure MRP demand is accurate and within specification and that anomalies are corrected regularly.
- Identification of new suppliers aligned to the company's needs, with a view to cost reduction and quality improvement, and to vet to ISO standards.
- Ensure close working relationships with associated departments
- Continuously improve purchasing methodology to drive down spend.
- Maintain and continue to review the supply function.
- To advise at new product introduction on purchasing solutions and problems.
- To ensure end of life product is run out in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
The ideal Supply Chain Manager candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in a purchasing role
- Competency in Microsoft Office and an ERP system
- Proven track record in purchasing cost reduction and vendor evaluation
- Conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues and management.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing with a wide range of people..
- Must be flexible, willing to work extra hours in order to ensure deadlines are met and able to perform well under pressure.
- Self motivated, well organised and capable of planning and directing in order to ensure that their personal and department goals and objectives are met.
Minimum academic level required: BSc in Supply Chain Management and/or Engineering or equivalent
Ideal academic level preferred: MSc in Supply Chain Management and/or Engineering or equivalent
Professional Qualifications: Ideally CIPS
Benefits for the Supply Chain Manager role include:
Salary is negotiable depending on experience, but in the region of £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
25 days' holiday
Fun, sociable working environment
If you are interested in the Supply Chain Manager role, please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available