At present the role will mainly involve holding a caseload of drug and alcohol users and offering support to clients via telephone, although some face to face patient work will be required (PPE is provided by the service). There may be a requirement to take prescriptions to pharmacies and occasional satellite working in a covid secure GP surgery, therefore a driving license and access to a vehicle would be useful. There is also a requirement to conduct urine testing for face to face presentations and they have a procedure in place to do this in a covid secure way.
- To deliver structured interventions within all stages of Treatment
- To deliver 1-2-1/Group interventions to clients with problematic drug/alcohol use using relevant and recognised theoretical models
- To carry out strengths-based assessments, identify treatment needs and/or through-care requirements appropriate to the service
- To include, where appropriate, families/carers during assessment, reviews, care plans and support through integrated key work
- To identify and assess clients in relation to any drug /alcohol related health needs and refer on as appropriate
- To identify and assess clients in relation to employability needs and refer on as appropriate.
- Provide general information and advice to clients with problematic drug /alcohol use issues and make appropriate referrals where necessary
- To support people to make the changes identified through the recovery care plan and ensure that all clients are receiving regular one-to-one support as identified in their recovery care plan
- To carry out regular reviews, completion of Outcome Star and updating of recovery care plans in order to evidence progress taking place
- To engage in a duty system to ensure the overall service provision meets required standards
- To implement effective communication protocols and referral pathways with through-care and relevant community agencies
- To attend and/or assist in the development and delivery of training packages on drug /alcohol related issues for use by relevant stakeholders
- To ensure that information relating to the service and service users is collected and processed within database, to enable the provision of regular activity and outcome reports to commissioners and senior management team as required
- To signpost where appropriate to further support recovery growth
- To deliver full Harm Minimisation throughout all interventions, including Specialist Needle Exchange
- Follow up engagement after discharge in order to identify recovery capital
Must have previous experience dealing with caseloads and assessments
Previous experience within drug and alcohol/substance misuse
Systems one database experience
Full UK drivers licence
Good medication knowledge
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Drug and Alcohol Worker
- Derby, Derbyshire
- £10 - £12 per hour
- 10 days ago
Drug and Alcohol Worker Location: Derby, DE1 Salary: £10.00 - £12.00 per hour Job type: Temporary ongoing Hours: 37 hours a week (Monday to Friday) - Days Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS Barker Ross Healthcare are currently recruiting for a substan... Read More
Support Workers - Homelessness (Various Locations)
- South London, London
- Up to £12 per hour
- 19 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futur... Read More
Income Housing Officer - Twickenham
- Twickenham, London
- Up to £28000 per annum
- 17 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of support services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures. Position Availa... Read More
Lead Outreach Worker -Rough Sleepers
- East London, London
- Up to £13.06 per hour
- 26 days ago
Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.... Read More