Structural Engineer - MMC Offsite Construction - Leeds - up to £45K + market leading pension, share scheme, 25 days holiday + stats and holiday purchase scheme, free parking, subsidised restaurant, cycle to work scheme, free refreshments & fruit
A forward-thinking company within the MMC sector develops Modular Homes that's needed for the UK to fix its property crisis and deliver a housing market that caters equally to all members of society. You'll be a part of an ambitious evolving business - with chances to learn, adapt and grow yourself.
As the Structural Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop structural engineering solutions for new products and site-based projects
- Continuously develop technical solutions and improve engineering integration to an agreed brief including cost targets, programmes, and relevant standards and regulations
- Engage with and technically influence the structural engineering of the modular product portfolio, its design, development and execution
- Produce design calculations to Eurocode and relevant codes of practice
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately
- Analyse configurations of the components of a structure
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings
- Monitor and inspect work undertaken in factory and site environments to ensure structural soundness
You will be an experience Structural Engineer with:
- MEng or MSc in Structural engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Civil Engineering (Required)
- Chartered Engineer registered with the Engineering Council (CEng) (Preferred)
- Member of an appropriate professional body (MICE or MIStructE) (Required)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer
- Knowledge of the modular/off-site construction sector and the relevant construction methodologies and associated codes / standards.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Skilled at using 3D modelling and 2D drafting packages.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Senior Structural Engineer
- Derbyshire, England
- Up to £50000 per annum + + Excellent Package
- 16 days ago
Senior Structural Engineer - Derbyshire - £50K + Pension scheme offering competitive contributions, Generous leave entitlement, Flexible working scheme, Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus, Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to work s... Read More
Principal Structural Engineer
- Derbyshire, England
- Up to £55000 per annum + + Excellent Package
- 16 days ago
Principal Structural Engineer - Derbyshire - £50K + Pension scheme offering competitive contributions, Generous leave entitlement, Flexible working scheme, Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus, Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to wor... Read More