Structural Engineer - Modular Construction - Derby - £50K + Package
Due to expansion our client is looking to extend their technical team, we are looking for a Structural Engineer experienced in the residential sector with knowledge of timber framed buildings.
The company is and very successful and expanding timber framed modular company with very high expectations, a great team environment and career prospects.
We are looking to hire a Structural Engineer with excellent mathematical, IT and analytical skills. Structural Engineers are expected to be detail oriented, creative and possess amazing problem solving skills.
To ensure success, Structural Engineers should display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings. Knowledge of timber framed buildings, would be and advantage to the right candidate
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential).
- Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
As the Structural Engineer you will:
- Prepare reports, designs and drawings for timber framed modules
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Consider the strength of construction materials and select appropriately.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Analyse configurations of the basic components of a structure.
- Liaise with the architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer contracts and manage projects.
- Inspect properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer aided design technology (Revit) for simulation purposes.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available