An opportunity has arisen for a Stores Person at an automotive manufacturer based in Bedfordshire.
The Stores/Phosphate Person will control the receipt, storage and issue of bought in and manufactured parts as well as pack for despatch of spare parts and units. They will also phosphate parts using a chemical process.
- Receive finished and machined parts into the stores system from supplies. Check quantities against order. Move parts from goods inwards to the main stores using pallet truck. Place parts in appropriate racks or customer's order as necessary.
- Use computer system to check components against customer order and allocate parts to customer.
- Allocate stock for sub-assembly or assembly and move to kitting area.
- Pick orders ready for assembly and put in the correct location.
- Receive into stores machined components from the machine shop, check quantity, and place in appropriate stores rack or on customer order kit.
- Determine shipment and packaging requirements for spare parts and units.
- Pack spares items and units securely, including the use of any anti-corrosive protection requirements and labelling.
- Report to supervision the need for attention to customers order and any concerns related to finished items received.
- Phosphating of parts using a chemical process.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to and good housekeeping is maintained in the work areas. Use the PPE provided at all times. Report any health and safety concerns to supervision of the health and safety representative.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the Value Stream Manager.
- Manual lifting requirements up to 20 kgs
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
- Ideally have experience in a manufacturing stores environment and packing large heavy items.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience in a store's environment
The salary for this position is dependent on experience.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday (8am to 4.30pm), Friday (8am to 3pm). We are looking for flexibility to cover the shop floor shift which is 2.30pm to 11pm (ad-hoc).
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07718 763550.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available