A great opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to implement their logistics, warehousing and distribution experience as Stock and Systems Manager with a dynamic and rapidly expanding logistics provider on a full-time, permanent basis in Sheffield. This is a truly exciting time to join the company that specialises in FMCG, Retail, Fashion, Supply Chain, 3PL and Distribution.
The main responsibilities of this position include meeting stock and inventory goals, managing tracking systems and acting as a liaison to other departments. The successful candidate will offer recommendations to ensure accurate levels of inventory in the warehouse. To provide operational support to the Leadership team, working closely with the colleagues to endeavour to supply prompt efficient Customer Service. To operate flexibly in a warehouse office team working environment; ensuring that hygiene, quality levels and performance standards are met, whilst promoting safe working practices.
- Ensure accurate product inventory for clients.
- Communicate with the Leadership team about current stock and potential issues with orders.
- Conduct daily analysis to forecast potential inventory issues.
- Report on inventory activities and variances.
- Assess new inventory to ensure it is ready for shipping or delivery.
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices.
- Ensure all reports and tasks are completed accurately and delivered within the required timeframes set with customers.
- Completing staff appraisals and follow ups.
- Customer/Supplier liaison.
- Ensuring accuracy throughout the department.
- Ensuring Health and Safety policy and process is strictly followed.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and colleagues throughout the company.
- Engaging and positive leadership style with one team ethos.
- Relevant experience in an inventory/stock/systems role, in a high volume warehouse operation.
- Experience setting up a WMS at a previous Distribution Centre.
- Proven experience of identifying inefficiencies and enabling change within a Distribution Centre.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of WMS systems.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Able to influence all stakeholders and deliver change.
Salary is £40k-£50k plus pension and other company benefits.
Genuine career prospects are available for the right candidate who is looking for that platform from which to develop their career!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Rutland, England
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- 2 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Customer Account Manager who has practical experience on the shop floor to join their team in the Leicestershire region on a ful... Read More
- Nottinghamshire, England
- Up to £25000 per annum + plus benefits
- 18 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Inventory Manager to join a hugely successful specialist in IT consumable distribution on a full-time basis (Mon to Fri days) at their Nottingham site. The company is experiencing growth and is a leading global innovator in their fie... Read More
- Nottinghamshire, England
- £30000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits
- 24 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join a hugely successful specialist in IT consumable distribution business on a full-time basis (Mon to Fri days) at their Nottingham site. The company is experiencing growth and is a leading global innovator in ... Read More
- Coalville, Leicestershire
- Up to £9.41 per hour
- 26 days ago
Barker Ross are recruiting for an Inventory Clerk to work an average of 40 hours per week, on a Monday to Friday Day shift 10:00-18:00. As an Inventory Clerk, you will be a key player in supporting the success of the Stock and Inventory department and exceeding its KPI's. You will have ... Read More
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £21673 per annum + plus excellent benefits
- 18 days ago
We are recruiting for an experienced Logistics Controller to join a leading global manufacturer of equipment to the logistics and construction sectors. The primary purpose of the role is to accurately stock control and safely handle materials (raw material, engineered parts, consumables... Read More