Specifier/Architectural Technician - Peterbrough - £30K-£35K + Package
A market leading Offsite Construction business supplying quality products and services to the Residential and Leisure sectors
- Produce full sets of plan and elevation drawings both at estimating and order stage for client approval.
- Prepare full set of working drawings including sections, wall, floor and ceiling panel drawings.
- Develop written specification, special instructions and schedules of fittings.
- Produce detailed and accurate bills of materials, initially through manual Microsoft XLS systems.
- Be heavily involved in implementing and then using full MRP system.
- Liaise with external suppliers, sub-contractors and internal team members.
- Support the rest of the department in business as workload requires.
- Handover information to Operations Team and attend weekly/daily production meetings as required.
- Contribute to planning applications.
- Make building regulations applications, resolve queries and close out.
- Carry out design stage risk assessments.
- Product development.
- Preferably degree or BTEC educated in a relevant architectural / technician discipline.
- Direct exposure preferably in an offsite manufacturing environment but not essential
- Proficient with Autocad or Similar
- Knowledge of the PAS 1192 framework.
- Experience of steel framing technologies, but also knowledgeable about building fabric, mechanical / electrical services, etc.
- Experience of residential markets.
- Good architectural and technical detailing skills.
- Can develop designs from conceptual to technical stage.
- Good understanding of Building Regulations.
- Understand requirements and outputs commensurate with the RIBA Plan of Work.
- Fully conversant with CDM Regulations and other relevant construction /manufacturing industry technical standards.
- Exposure to processes within manufacturing environment preferable but not essential
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.