Our well established client based in Telford are currently seeing a Site Waste Operative to join their team and start work on one of their customer sites as soon as possible on a temporary on going basis, with the potential to turn permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The pay rate for the role is £9.50 - £10.00 per hour.
Main duties of the role will consist of:-
- Drive to collection points on customer site exchanging 1100L wheelie bins using an electric vehicle and trailer
- Responsible for the waste management, processes, and standards within our compound
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the customer and site staff working in partnership
Key tasks will include:-
- Daily pre use inspections to be carried out on all machinery and vehicles
- To drive an electric vehicle and trailer around site exchanging 1100L bins when full
- Full bins to be returned to the waste compound, sorted, and processed
- Operate safely ensuring our H&S policies / procedures, risk assessments, and safe systems are always adhered to
- Always maintain a high standard and well organised waste compound
- Communication, daily with the customer, contract manager, and line manager
- Regular checks on waste levels of containers around site booking exchanges as required
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly after processing in accordance with site health & safety policies, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and any relevant policies and procedures.
In order to be considered for the role you will need:-
- Driving licence
- FLT licence (preferred)
- Towing experience (preferred)
- Waste management experience (preferred)
Please apply with your CV in the first instance or call Barker Ross on 01522 551910 for more information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Waste Site Manager
- Darlington, County Durham
- Up to £35000 per annum + Company Vehicle for Business Use
- 19 days ago
Our client who is a well established Waste Management Company based in Darlington is currently seeking a Site Manager to join their team on a permanent full time basis. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the main purpose of the role is to the ensure compliant, efficient, safe and cost... Read More
Site Supervisor - Bristol
- Bristol, England
- Up to £12.50 per hour
- about 1 month ago
Our client who is a well established waste management company based in Bristol is currently seeking a Site Supervisor to join their team on a full time basis. Initially, this will be a temporary position with the potential to be offered a permanent contract after 8 weeks. The hours of w... Read More