My client is a leading innovator in Waste Management Solutions. they require a Site Supervisor to manage their growing team at their site based in Huntingdon. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the role will include:
Supporting and oversee site waste operations including day to day management of site operatives, H&S, processing, and segregation of wastes, and maintaining high customer service levels.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that sites are operating in a safe environment always maintaining high levels of H&S
- Operate safely ensuring our H&S policies / procedures, risk assessments, and safe systems of work are always adhered to
- All near misses, incidents, and accidents are to be reported via our incident reporting app
- Conducting training / toolbox talks when needed with operatives on site
- Effective communication with Operation Managers, Contract Managers
- Ensuring all customer waste drop zones are serviced and processed daily
- Driving counterbalance FLT and electric vehicles with trailers when required to assist on site teams
- Effective communication with service delivery arranging efficient waste collections and exchanges
- Daily communication with customer
- Ensuring general housekeeping is maintained on all of the clients sites
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly after processing in accordance with site and the clients health & safety policies, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and any relevant policies and procedures.
- Encourage a positive work environment and culture for all employees
- Provide solutions, continuous improvements, and innovations
- Travel to other customer sites when required to oversee and support the operations teams
- Holiday cover for site operatives
- Carry out all duties required to fulfil the role they are covering
- Working as part of the Integrated Operations team
- Auditing sites or conducting H&S initial investigations when needed
- Administrative tasks such as filling and emailing
In the future their will be a need to travel between 3 operational sites and a company vehicle will be provided for this.
A Counterbalance License (FLT) will also be required for this role.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 40 hours per week.
Please apply in the first instance with your CV.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
NIGHT SHIFTS WAREHOUSE JOBS!
- Bedford, Bedfordshire
- £11 - £16.5 per hour
- 12 days ago
BarkerRoss are currently recruiting!! We are currently recruiting several Warehouse Operatives for our client in Bedford with immediate start. No experience is needed as complete training will be provided on-site. Shifts available Monday-Friday - 22:00 - 06:00 Saturday-Sunday - 18:00-06... Read More
Warehouse Operative - Nights
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £12.19 per hour
- 7 days ago
BarkerRoss are currently recruiting! Barker Ross are recruiting for the UK's most sustainable delivery company! We are looking for Wearhouse operatives and parcel sorters to join a well known business based in Milton Keynes. Are you looking for night shifts and want a temp-perm position... Read More
Repack Team Leader
- Wigan, Greater Manchester
- £32000 - £32400 per annum + 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- 11 days ago
Position Repack Team Leader (Wigan) Salary £32,000 - £32,400 plus company benefits Ref JS 73441 We have a fantastic opportunity for a Repack Team Leader to assist the Shift Manager in coordinating and monitoring the daily operations of the team to ensure that required productivity, qual... Read More