Our client who is a well established waste management company based in Bristol is currently seeking a Site Supervisor to join their team on a full time basis. Initially, this will be a temporary position with the potential to be offered a permanent contract after 8 weeks.
The hours of work will be 06:00 - 15:00 Monday to Friday and hourly pay rate will be negotiable depending on experience.
You will be required to supervise the on site operatives to ensure that all waste streams are correctly identified and separated into the correct areas for bailing and disposal.
Reporting to the line manager, your key duties will include:-
- Day to day site management and supervisory requirements
- Ensure all waste streams are segregated and stored correctly
- Control all aspects of ordering waste stream collections and forwarding weight tickets to the correct department for invoicing
- Ensure all email communication with appropriate reporting lines or customers is answered in a timely manner
- Create and send reports to the Operations Manager and Operations Director
- Compliance checks conducted and documented
- Conduct training with employees on site, ensuring the training is documented and placed on their personnel file
- Conducting investigations on site to find the root cause of any accidents or incidents
In order to be considered for the role it is essential that you have:-
- Counterbalance forklift licence
- Able to look after 2 members of staff
- Health & safety qualification, minimum of an IOSH Managing Safely
- Computer literate and able to demonstrate experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
- Northamptonshire, England
- £25000 - £28000 per annum
- 7 days ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor with expertise within the logistics sector, to join a one of the UK's leading freight forwarding businesses on a full-time permanent basis, Mon to Fri rotating shift, 6am - 2pm and 2pm-10pm. You will join the tea... Read More
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Up to £25500 per annum
- 22 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Warehouse Supervisor to join their team in Kettering on a full time, permanent basis. This is a Mon to Fri position working 2pm to 11pm. Thi... Read More
- Rutland, England
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + plus profit share scheme
- 22 days ago
A forward-thinking fulfilment, e-commerce, distribution, warehousing and storage solutions business has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Operations Manager to join their team in the Rutland (East Midlands) region on a full time, permanent basis (days) This is a fantastic opening ... Read More
Recycling Waste Operative/FLT Driver
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- Up to £11.00 per hour
- 13 days ago
My client is a leading specialist in total waste management solutions. They cover a variety of sectors and we have an opportunity at our Huntingdon site to join as a Recycled Waste Sorter (with FLT) on a temporary ongoing basis. Duties will include: Sorting a variety of waste products t... Read More
Warehouse Operative - Nights
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Up to £12.19 per hour
- 5 days ago
BarkerRoss are currently recruiting! Barker Ross are recruiting for the UK's most sustainable delivery company! We are looking for Wearhouse operatives and parcel sorters to join a well known business based in Milton Keynes. Are you looking for night shifts and want a temp-perm position... Read More