Barker Ross are currently recruiting for a Site Manager in Nottingham NG7.
Our client is a School/college.
The role falls into two main responsibility areas:
Health and Safety Management
This area requires the candidate to manage and monitor the day to day running of the school site in full compliance with legal and statutory requirements pertaining to the Health & Safety at Work Act 1975 and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2002.
- Using the college Portal, ensure that all regular Health and Safety and Fire checks are undertaken and recorded in a timely manner.
- Using the Estates Portal, ensure that all statutory certifications and checks are recorded and remedial works/issues are actioned.
- Provide formal risk assessments as required by the school site.
- Managing and monitoring contractors to ensure safe implementation including compliance with H&S and safeguarding requirements on site.
- Work with line manager and Trust Head of Estates, review and then work within scope of H&S risk assessments, ensure safe working by self and contractors on site, and ensure the safety of others who may be affected by activities carried out on the site.
- Be responsible for arranging testing, and maintaining records to meet statutory regulations including, but not limited to, Portable Appliance Testing, fixed wire/gas safe, legionella, asbestos and fire checks.
- Ensure supplies and/or hazardous materials maintained on site are correctly stored and used in line with H&S requirements.
- Provide call out, open and close and essential health and safety checks.
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the organisation and wider trust and undertake regular training as required by the Senior Leadership team.
Job Type: Full-time, temporary to permanent (14 weeks)
Salary: £13 per hour, once permanent £25,000 per annum.
- Monday - Friday
- 10:00 - 18:00
- GCSE English and Maths at grade A*- D or equivalent
- Relevant trade qualification or craft skills
- 2 years' experience of a similar role
- Practical skills - hands on maintenance skills
If you are interested, call ALEX on 01158960888, apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org