Site Manager - Derby- Competitive salary, Holidays 25 days (plus bank hols), Pension, Health Care (after 2 years of service), Sick Pay, Discount scheme, Yearly reviews / PDR, Training / Progression plan, Phone, Laptop (to the required specification you need) & equipment, Expenses
UK's leading sustainable structural frame contractor, working with blue chip clients to produce outstanding mass timber builds. Their expertise extends across all major sectors and can be seen in many of the UK's most recognisable projects. Their aspiration is to deliver Structural Steel & Engineered Timber/Hybrid projects to the highest quality, achieving ultimate client satisfaction and maintaining long standing and new relationships.
The Site Manager will complete a project together with a site team in a safe, organised manner to time, quality and cost.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To control the contract in accordance with standard procedures and systems and monitor the construction process.
- To manage a site team and ensure that they have the right skills and qualifications to perform their jobs satisfactorily
- To attend meetings as required by the Contracts Manager and organise and run on site progress/production meetings with the team and/or sub-contractors and suppliers.
- To maintain a daily diary to monitor and record progress and pass on 'as built' information on to the appropriate person for processing.
- To review the construction programme and prepare short term programmes to amplify construction at agreed frequent intervals
- To maintain good working relationships with the colleagues, the client, his/her representatives and the general public
- To liaise with the Quantity Surveyor to establish a schedule of materials or special items and monitor/reconcile compliance and quantity
- To comply in all aspects with the Health and Safety plan in achieving a safe and tidy working environment during construction
- To ensure accurate NCR and Day work records are recorded and signed by the client with relevant client instructions
- To ensure the site team are aware of their objectives in line with the Company objectives.
- Any other duties associated with this position which are related to the objectives of the Company or Team or contribute to individual development
Key Skills, Experience & Attributes
- At least 5 years' experience on site
- Good coaching skills and listening skills
- Awareness of training needs
- Report writing skills and Information gathering skills
- Pro-active, Flexible and Problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of clients
- Good organisational skills and Planning skills
- Knowledge of materials, H&S policy and legislation and scope of work
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
Please note that we cannot consider candidates who require sponsorship, and you must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on 07808628040 or email your CV to email@example.com.
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me firstname.lastname@example.org