We are looking for a Site Manager who will be managing the installation of ground engineering projects, managing a team of site contractors on site, and carrying out some onsite project management tasks. The Site Manager will oversee all areas of the build from setting out (including roads and sewers), infrastructure works, groundwork, construction through to completion and handover. The position will be for projects based mostly in the North.
Overall responsibility for Management of Health & Safety
- Managing on-site personnel and sub-contractors on a day to day basis
- Local programme management
- Maintaining the relevant site procedures and documentation
- Management of the general day to day running of the project
- Carrying out regular safety audits and checks
- Organisation and coordination of material and plant deliveries arriving on-site and coordination of their return
- Issue weekly reports to the client and project manager
- Make project decisions on site on behalf of the project manager to an agreed level
- Assist the project manager as directed to procure locally any artisan trades etc
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
SMSTS qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to organise both days to day tasks and prepare for future tasks as detailed in the project programme
- Management of Health & Safety on site
- An understanding of the installation of Material Handling Systems is essential
- Report writting experience
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice.
Sorry, there are currently no matching jobs available